Saturday, March 1, 2008

Soldier Mountain Cat Skiing

Yesterday I worked for one of my favorite magazines, Sun Valley Magazine, shooting an assignment on a local ski hill's snow cat backcountry ski operation. I know it is hard to say that shooting an assignment like this is "work!" I had never been cat skiing and would recommend it to any intermediate skier. The whole experience is the perfect mix of riding lifts and heli-skiing--super social on the ride up and incredible snow on the way down--without any rush! Larry & Kyle, a father son team, which manage Soldier Mountain Cat Skiing are two of the friendliest guys you'll meet and make the trip all smiles.

This story will be published Winter '08. So, here is a little sneak preview of my favorite images....






















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun adventure; I like No. 17. And the fish eye looks like a challenging lens to use.