Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Art of Living

On my way back from Monterey this last Monday, I picked up a copy of The Surfer's Journal. My mom's family is from Santa Cruz which is where I learned how to surf--this issue had an article about Jack O'neil, founder of O'Neil wetsuits which is based out of the Santa Cruz area. In the article there were many references to buddhism and one quote that hit home:

"The Master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence in whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he is always doing both." -Zen Buddhist Text

This quote explains photography for me.

This past weekend, my good friend Stephanie McCord created flowers for her first wedding since moving to Idaho. She was on cloud nine! It was really fun to hear her excitement and know that her work was her play, her labor her leisure!

Hillary Mayberry, another super talented wedding photographer here in the Wood River Valley, stepped in for me as I was in Monterey and shot images of Steph's creations. If you are looking for someone to create incredible flowers for your wedding or event, give Steph a ring at 208.578.2080. Here are some of the pictures:




No comments: